My favorite beauty and wellness bloggers and I were feeling the burn yesterday at a private Blink Sweat class hosted by Therafit Shoe, maker of the patented personalized “Deborah” sneaker. The goal of the workout, in addition to checking out Blink Fitness‘ new Murray Hill location in Manhattan, was to put Therafit’s comfort technology to the test.
Created by medical doctor Lisa Masterson of the Emmy Award-winning series “The Doctors” to empower women with comfortable and stylish footwear that can be worn all day no matter what the task at hand, Therafit uses multiple layers of cushioning and support with varying densities inside its shoes to distribute the shock of each step downward and outward. The outsole can be adjusted to allow an increase or decrease in impact resistance and each and every shoe has three specially designed dual-density adapters located within the shock-absorbing wedge that can be removed to change the impact resistance and cushioning. They’re even accredited by the National Posture Institute.
Prior to the workout, I’d worn my Therafits for two strenuous days straight: a Saturday at an amusement park with my kids and the following day touring homes in the suburbs (more on that another time). I was surprised how comfortable they were but curious to learn how they would hold up during a high impact workout that included jogging. The Blink Sweat class is a kick-butt cardio and strength, total-body conditioning workout with one-minute intervals such as push-ups and medicine ball rotations and slams, as well as cardio bursts like burpees and high knees.
While my muscles are definitely sore today because I’m terribly out of shape and the class was intense, my feet and back are not. The Therafit sneakers stood up to the grueling workout just as they did to the tons of walking I did last weekend and we looked super stylish to boot! No easy feat while you’re sweating! I definitely recommend Therafit, especially if you stand or walk a lot and have back pain or concerns about your posture.
Disclosure: I received the gear I’m wearing, a pair of Therafit sneakers, and a complimentary workout for review purposes.
More from Jill this month on Babble Beauty:
- My Bedtime Beauty Routine
- 20 Beauty Products Whose Net Proceeds Benefit Charity
- Book Same-Day and Next Day Discounted Appointments at the Best Spas, Salons & Fitness Studios in Major Cities
- Get a “Nashville” Inspired Glow
- Best and Worst Beauty from the MTV Movie Awards
- 20 Beauty Products That Make Fabulous Mother’s Day Gifts
- 15 Solutions for Allergy Sufferers
- Don’t Be Fooled! 10 Beauty Myths Debunked
- Stronger Hair in 7 Days with Clear Scalp & Hair Beauty Therapy
- Get Rachel Bilson’s Flirty Fresh Look
- Get Jessica Alba’s Luminous Kids’ Choice Awards Look
- Win Cash & a Trip to NYC with Sally Hansen’s #IHeartNailArt Contest