Couples at-Home Spa Night: The Best Date on a BudgetSonya Benham
Going out on a proper date can be an expensive endeavor. Babysitters, dinner, drinks … it all adds up. Money has been a bit tight in our house lately and the idea of dropping a big wad of cash to go out seems more stressful than enjoyable. I’m sure I’m not alone.
Still, it’s really important to make time to connect with your spouse or partner. Once in a while my husband and I will rent a movie and make popcorn after my son goes to bed and call it a date. It’s nice but doesn’t feel all that special.
Then I had a brainstorm: Couples At-Home Spa Night. I’m not one to brag but I think this may be the best inexpensive date night idea ever. The beauty of this idea is that you chances are, you already have all the products you need in your kitchen and bathroom. Even if you pick up a few items, the cost will be a fraction of what you’d spend on a night out and most products, like a facial mask for example, will supply you with more than just a couple applications.
You can also customize your date however you like by mixing and matching “spa” activities. No two at-home spa nights have to be the same. Treating yourself and your honey to an evening of pampering is more romantic than plopping down in front of a TV. It gives you the chance to talk and connect while doing something fun and positive. Taking care of yourself feels fantastic too, and you will both feel rejuvenated and relaxed. Sound great, right?
Ok, so here’s plan: you put the kid(s) to bed, open a bottle of wine, and then pick at least two items from the list below. Let the inexpensive, fun date night begin!
- Whip up a DIY face mask or use your favorite store bought product and apply to freshly washed skin.
- Soak in a DIY bath together or separately, depending on the size of your tub.
- Pick up a hair treatment mask and soften your locks.
- Grab some coconut oil from your kitchen or muscle-relieving massage oil and trade off giving each other a foot or shoulder rub.
- Try dry brushing to stimulate your lymphatic systems, improve elasticity, and smooth skin.
- Mix up a batch of DIY body scrub and jump in the shower for an exfoliating treatment. Follow up with a good slathering of your favorite body butter or blend up your own.
- Grab a couple empty bins and treat tired feet to a DIY foot soak.
- Give each other a manicure or pedicure. Maybe you can even get your partner to paint your toes!
- Brush each other’s hair. I know this sounds silly but it feels amazing and stimulates the scalp, especially when you use a boar bristle brush.
I hope you will give this date a try even if you are able to splurge on evenings out now and then. Adding a spa night to your together time kills two birds with one stone. You get to take care of your skin, hair, and nails and spend quality time together. Happy reconnecting!