When we typically think of classic smoky eyes, images of late nights and dark, smoldering makeup come to mind. However, smoky eyes can be toned-down to make them office-appropriate, daytime-appropriate, or heck, even running-to-the-grocery store appropriate! Using warmer products and keeping application simple will keep you smokin’ round the clock!
For a video tutorial of this look, visit: pinkpistachio.com
1. Apply Warm Gray Shadow
Start by applying a warm gray cream shadow to three-fourths of your eyelid. Don’t worry about keeping the line completely clean — blending later will soften and smooth.
2. Apply Copper in the Crease
Follow up with a rich copper cream shadow in the crease, slightly overlapping on top of the gray shadow. Apply the copper along the lower lash line as well.
Using a soft eyeshadow brush, blend both shadows together in a circular motion.
4. Apply Liners
Choose a pencil liner in a warm color (I prefer brown with purple undertones) to line the lower lash line. For the upper lid, apply a black liquid liner.
5. Curl Lashes & Apply Mascara
Once liquid liner is full dried, curl lashes and apply your favorite mascara! And with that, you’re done in five minutes flat!
- CC Cream: Peter Thomas Roth CC Cream
- Matte Foundation: Bare Minerals
- Blush: Benefit Rockateur
- Lid Shadow: Make Up For Ever 4E
- Crease Shadow: Make Up For Ever 22E
- Lower Lid Liner: Urban Decay in Underground
- Upper Lid Liner: Stila Waterproof Liquid Liner
- Mascara: Too Faced Better Than Sex