How-to: 5-Minute Daytime Smoky EyeMissy Pink Pistachio
When we typically think of classic smoky eyes, images of late nights and dark, smoldering makeup come to mind. However, smoky eyes can be toned-down to make them office-appropriate, daytime-appropriate, or heck, even running-to-the-grocery store appropriate! Using warmer products and keeping application simple will keep you smokin’ round the clock!
For a video tutorial of this look, visit: pinkpistachio.com
1. Apply Warm Gray Shadow
Start by applying a warm gray cream shadow to three-fourths of your eyelid. Don’t worry about keeping the line completely clean — blending later will soften and smooth.
2. Apply Copper in the Crease
Follow up with a rich copper cream shadow in the crease, slightly overlapping on top of the gray shadow. Apply the copper along the lower lash line as well.
Using a soft eyeshadow brush, blend both shadows together in a circular motion.
4. Apply Liners
Choose a pencil liner in a warm color (I prefer brown with purple undertones) to line the lower lash line. For the upper lid, apply a black liquid liner.
5. Curl Lashes & Apply Mascara
Once liquid liner is full dried, curl lashes and apply your favorite mascara! And with that, you’re done in five minutes flat!
- CC Cream: Peter Thomas Roth CC Cream
- Matte Foundation: Bare Minerals
- Blush: Benefit Rockateur
- Lid Shadow: Make Up For Ever 4E
- Crease Shadow: Make Up For Ever 22E
- Lower Lid Liner: Urban Decay in Underground
- Upper Lid Liner: Stila Waterproof Liquid Liner
- Mascara: Too Faced Better Than Sex