Get the Look | Brooklyn Decker's Met Ball 2013 Punk Rock Chic HairstyleJill Seiman
One of my favorite hairstyles from last night’s “punk” themed Met Ball was created by hairstylist Patrick Melville for model/actress Brooklyn Decker. The asymmetrical hairstyle is edgy but still feminine and sexy.
Believe it or not, the punk rock look is a cinch to achieve at home. Melville, a 20-year vet, shares his 5-step process below for you to try for your next big night out:
(1) Blow dry your hair straight.
(2) Use a large barrel curling iron to create texture by your curling hair. For hair closer to the face, curl towards the face.
(4) Part your hair towards the left side of the head and wrap the hair from the left side of your face across your scalp towards the right.
(5) With bobby pins of your choice (in Brooklyn’s case we used these really cool studded pins), fasten hair creating an asymmetrical look.
Easy peasy right? Who rocked your favorite looks?
More from Jill this month on Babble Beauty:
- Coral Crush | 20 Ways to Incorporate Coral Into Your Makeup Bag
- Beauty Quotes to Live By
- Mother’s Day Gift Picks from the Blogosphere’s Most Stylish Moms
- Professional Beauty Spotlight | Jane Park, CEO & Founder of Julep
- GIVEAWAY: Coach Love Fragrance