Get the Look | Marion Cotillard's Met Ball 2013 Retro-Chic Deconstructed HairstyleJill Seiman
If you’re hair isn’t long enough for Brooklyn Decker’s punk rock chic hairdo, perhaps this one is the right fit…
Academy Award-winning actress Marion Cotillard made her grand entrance at last night’s Met Ball in a stunning strapless Dior couture gown with her hair styled in a retro-chic deconstructed look by celebrity hairstylist Robert Vetica, owner of the Robert Vetica Salon at the SLS Hotel in Beverly Hills. To capture both Cotillard’s own allure and the show-stopping elegance of her gown, Vetica exclusively used styling products from René Furterer playing on the theme of “chaos to couture.”
“I wanted an asymmetrical feeling with two distinct textures—sleek on one side and textured with volume on the other, giving a feeling of deconstructed glamour,” said Vetica.
Here’s how he styled Cotillard’s hair step-by-step so that you can try the look on your own:
(1) Starting with towel-dried hair, apply René Furterer VOLUMEA volumizing foam – no rinse. This adds volume and texture and also helps to protect hair from the heat of a blow-dryer and curling iron.
(2) Next, after a blow-out, make a low side part, then pull the left side of the hair tight, straight back, and pin it into place.
(3) Using a small, 1/2 inch curling iron, curl the outer perimeter of the right side of the hair into soft waves.
(4) Next, pin-curl the very top of the head to create the wave that falls off to the front and right side to frame the face.
(5) Once the curling process is done, generously apply René Furterer VEGETAL FINISHING SPRAY to ensure hold and create shine.
(6) Finish the look by brushing the curls out and pinning the hair under to form the asymmetrical shape that you see – sleek on one side and textured with volume and retro waves on the other. For extra sheen, use a final misting of René Furterer GLOSSING SPRAY.
Think you can pull it off?
More from Jill this month on Babble Beauty:
- Get the Look | Brooklyn Decker’s Met Ball 2013 Punk Rock Chic Hairstyle
- Coral Crush | 20 Ways to Incorporate Coral Into Your Makeup Bag
- Beauty Quotes to Live By
- Mother’s Day Gift Picks from the Blogosphere’s Most Stylish Moms
- Professional Beauty Spotlight | Jane Park, CEO & Founder of Julep
- GIVEAWAY: Coach Love Fragrance