Last week, editors, bloggers, and the style-savvy hit the 2014 collections at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week SWIM at the Raleigh Hotel in South Beach. Celebrity favorite Luli Fama, created by swimwear designers Lourdes “Luli” Hanimian and her brother-in-law Augusto Hanimian, was one of the most talked about shows of the week with show-stopping fringed and ruffled bikini tops, delicate crochet cover-ups, breezy tunics, and all-out sexy print dresses. The models wore a sensuous beach look with effortless-looking sea-siren mermaid waves that would be fabulous for any date night!
Created by celebrity hairstylist Jorge A. Briceno, owner and creative director for Eclipse Salon and Day Spa in Wellington, Florida, using a selection of René Furterer styling products, the mermaid waves were inspired by the designers’ direction for the collection, “ocean waves, a tropical paradise, very natural — nothing structured — and very beachy.” Seductive waves were the perfect complement to lead makeup artist Lori Taylor Davis for Smashbox Cosmetics. Makeup consisted of mermaid eyes with ocean-blue crystals under lower lashes and seashell-pink lips. Zoya PixieDust Nail Polish in a sparkling rainbow of tropical colors accented hands and feet.
When I saw these glamorous looks I immediately wanted to fire up my curling iron and attempt the long loose waves. Fortunately, Briceno and the René Furterer styling team shared with me their process for creating the gorgeous relaxed mermaid hair. Click through for a step by step:
Photo Credits: Ryan McInerney for René Furterer, Getty Images for Luli Fama, Erin Dustin for Karen Oliver and Associates
More from Jill Seiman of Glamamom on Babble Beauty this month:
- Summer’s Hottest Hair Accessory: Cloth Headbands
- 5 of Vanessa Williams’ Favorite Beauty Products
- 3 Steps to the Perfect Red Lip
- Get the Look: Maria Menounos’ Double Dutch Style Fishtail Braid
- NEW Innovative & Affordable Skincare & Cosmetics from L’Oréal Paris
- 10 Surprising Sunburn Remedies
- The Secrets to Jennifer Aniston’s Glowing Skin
- Super Saturday: 8 Beauty Products Whose Net Proceeds Benefit Cancer Research
- 25 Soothing After-Sun Products
- 5 Steps to a Superior Summer Shave