GIVEAWAY: Smashbox Halo Highlighting Wand and Bronze LightsSonya Benham
Say what you will about Kim Kardashian, but the woman is always perfectly highlighted and contoured. I have to give her props for sharing this magic trick to the world when she tweeted before and after pics in 2012.
Since then, I’ve seen increased interest in highlighting and contouring but people aren’t sure where to start. The process is actually pretty simple. If you’d like to learn more about highlighting and contouring including a cheat sheet and how-to, please visit my blog.
I’m so sure that you will love the effect, I’m giving away two of my favorite products for highlighting and contouring! They are both really easy to use and are fantastic for beginners.
- Smashbox Halo Highlighting Wand in Pearl. This highlighter is genius. The product comes in a pen-style applicator with a built-in brush. You simply click the pen to release the subtly shimmery highlighter onto the brush and apply.
- Smashbox Bronze Lights in Sunkissed Matte. This bronzer is great for contouring, as it is an easy-to-blend matte powder. Matte is the optimal word here, because shimmer attracts light and we want contoured areas to recede.
Big thanks to Smashbox for sponsoring this giveaway! Instructions for entering and official rules are as follows:
- To enter, just leave a comment on this post (on Babble; Facebook comments will not be accepted) and tell me: Do you highlight and contour? If not, is this a trick you’d like to learn?
- Open to US Residents, 18 years of age and older. One entry per person, per day is allowed.
- Entry period begins on Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 12:00 PM CST and ends on Tuesday, April 23, 2013 at 12:00 PM CST.
- A random drawing will occur on that Tuesday, April 23, 2013 and the potential winner will be notified via email. If the person selected fails to claim the prize within 10 days of notice, then an alternate winner will be chosen.
- The winner will be announced here on or about Friday, May, 3, 2013.
- No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Odds will depend on the number of eligible entries. See the complete general rules and eligibility requirements that apply to all giveaways here.
UPDATE: The winner of the contest is… Victoria! I’ll be contacting you via email. Congratualtions!