Makeup can be intimidating at times. Blush is one of those products that I find women steer away from because they aren’t quite sure how to apply it. Blush can add so much vibrance and life to your face when used correctly. There are three types of blushes you can use. Traditional powder blush, cream blush or a cheek tint. One of my favorite benefits of a cheek tint is that they can also be used on the lips. Who doesn’t love a 2-in-1 product? Follow my 5 easy steps below on how to apply cheek tints — and click through the slideshow to see my favorites!
- Step 1: Find the apple of the cheek. If you look straight ahead the apple starts about an inch down from the center of your pupil. You should feel your cheek bone there too.
- Step 2: Apply a small drop of tint to the apple of the cheek.
- Step 3: Use your middle finger and lightly blend the cheek tint up the cheek bone toward the temples.
- Step 4: If desired, continue to add more tint to intensify your look.
- Step 5: Use your finger to smudge a small amount of tint to the lips for the perfect pout.
Image by Lux Wright