Pretty on the Inside: 7 Healthy Recipes To Help You Feel Radiant

Beauty always starts on the inside, with both our attitudes and our diets. Eating a variety of nutritious foods is essential to healthy skin, hair, and nails. Though I’ve always known this to be true, I saw proof in the documentary Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead. The documentary follows two men who turn to juicing as a means to improve their health. The men lost a lot of weight but what struck me most was the difference in their skin. They both went from ruddy and blotchy to clear and glowing.

When it comes to diet, I usually rely on the 80/20 rule: 80% of what I consume is healthy and the other 20% of the time, I indulge a little. This tactic usually works for me but sometimes I start to slip and that 20% starts to drift higher and higher. When I overindulge in junk food and alcohol, I usually start to feel awful. That’s when I know it’s time to reset my diet.

Right now, I’m on day 3 of a clean eating spree. I’ve done the Whole Living Action Plan from Whole Living magazine before, though I will admit that I’ve never made it the full 28 days. I don’t have the time to commit to the full detox right now but I’ve incorporated most of the components. Basically, this means I’ve cut out sugar, alcohol, wheat, dairy, white starches, processed foods, etc…  My birthday is coming up and I want to feel my best. (Or I want to eat lots of cake without feeling too guilty about it…)

I thought I’d share some of my very favorite healthy recipes with you. These are my go-to meals when I’m trying to clean up my diet along with lot of fresh fruit, salads, smoothies, and detox tea. But they are all super delicious whether you are on a health kick or not.

  • Pretty on the Inside: 7 Healthy Recipes to Help You Feel Radiant 1 of 8
  • Black Forest Swiss Oatmeal 2 of 8

    This delicious chocolate-flavored oatmeal with cherries and coconut satiates my sweet tooth without guilt. If you are avoiding dairy, you can make this without the yogurt by adding a bit more almond milk.

    Found on Parlor.

  • Quinoa Salad with Toasted Almonds 3 of 8

    This yummy salad is a delicious and healthy lunch. Quinoa is used like a grain but it's actually a seed that is very high in protein.

    Get the recipe at Whole Living.


  • Buddha Bowl 4 of 8

    The brown rice in this delicious dish keeps you feeling satiated while the veggies provide an ample dose of vitamins and minerals.

    The how-to is on Parlor.

  • Chicken Souvlaki 5 of 8

    My whole family loves this simple, yummy chicken recipe. I use organic chicken and usually skip the tzatziki sauce.

    Found on All Recipes.

  • Quinoa and Black Beans 6 of 8

    This is my favorite quinoa dish. When I'm detoxing, I omit the corn and add a diced zucchini.

    Learn how to make it at All Recipes.

  • Broccoli White Bean Soup 7 of 8

    This yummy soup is super rich and creamy (without the cream!) and it's chock full of antioxidant-rich broccoli.

    Found on Whole Living.

  • Morrocan Steamed Salmon with Quinoa and Carrots 8 of 8

    Salmon is rich is omega-3 fatty acids and this preparation is flavored with a tasty cilantro sauce.

    Get the recipe at Whole Living.

Article Posted 2 years Ago
share this article
facebook twitter tumblr pinterest
See Comments
what do you think?
share this article
facebook twitter tumblr pinterest
See Comments
what do you think?
what do you think?
close comments
Subscribe to the
Welcome to
Sign Out
Follow us on