I’m totally guilty of not being creative enough with my hairstyles and changing things up. It’s rather odd since I have long, relatively straight hair to work with and am constantly oohing and ahhing over gorgeous hair tutorials. I just typically default to a ponytail or messy bun since they take the least amount of time. If I had more skillz and arm strength, I’d be rocking the hell out of this double dutch style fishtail braid every single day though.
If you’re like me and have limited time and patience for elaborate hairstyles, quick solutions and fun hair accessories are a good bet. That’s why I’m gaga for Bohemian-style headbands that are all the rage this summer. Not quite a scarf, nor a traditional headband, these knotted or woven cloth headbands can quickly and easily be slipped on to add interest to a hairstyle or to completely change up an outfit. Best of all, they’re super affordable ($6-$13)! Oh, and PS, InStyle picked wide black headbands as one of Fall’s top beauty trends in its August 2013 issue.
I adore the on-trend styles from iweartheheadress.com. Click through for some of my summer favorites:
Would you rock one of these headbands? What’s your go-to summer hairstyle?
*I have no affiliation with the site, I just LOVE these headbands!
More from Jill Seiman of Glamamom on Babble Beauty this month:
- 5 of Vanessa Williams’ Favorite Beauty Products
- 3 Steps to the Perfect Red Lip
- Get the Look: Maria Menounos’ Double Dutch Style Fishtail Braid
- NEW Innovative & Affordable Skincare & Cosmetics from L’Oréal Paris
- 10 Surprising Sunburn Remedies
- The Secrets to Jennifer Aniston’s Glowing Skin
- Super Saturday: 8 Beauty Products Whose Net Proceeds Benefit Cancer Research
- 25 Soothing After-Sun Products
- 5 Steps to a Superior Summer Shave