Pregnancy

Which One Are You? 7 Different Types of Pregnant Women

By Devan McGuinness |

7 Different Types of Pregnant WomenWhen I am pregnant I typically get bad morning sickness (I had hyperemesis gravidarum with my last pregnancy), have  bad luck with kidney stones and I carry all out in front which can make things a bit awkward. All that said, I still love being pregnant and am still holding out hope I will get to experience it again soon.

I have seen many friends live through the ups and downs of carrying a child and you can tell just how different each woman is when it comes to pregnancy. Some love it, others hate it, and some carry on as if they weren’t pregnant at all. I have noticed that there are about 7 different “categories” of pregnant ladies. Although you could be in a totally different category the next time, pregnancy is funny like that.

Click through to read the 7 different types of pregnant women :

nggallery id=’114798′

Different Types of Pregnant Women

The Barely Noticeable

There is always one pregnant woman that you wouldn't necessarily know is pregnant unless she spilled the beans and told you herself. Usually tall with lots of room to hide a baby, she may not even need maternity clothes.
Photo credit: iStockPhoto

Photo credit: adapted from iStockPhoto

*****

Read more from  on Accustomed Chaos & Unspoken Grief

on Twitter &
on Facebook

Want more? Find me on Being Pregnant | Babble Kids | Babble Pets

MORE ON BABBLE:
25 powerful photos of women giving birth
10 reasons why he wants sex when you’re pregnant
20 adorable handmade items for your baby
25 totally ridiculous vintage ads featuring babies
5 things ALL women want to hear

About Devan McGuinness

devanmcguinness

Devan McGuinness

Devan McGuinness is the writer of the lifestyle blog Accustomed Chaos. After surviving 12 miscarriages, Devan founded Unspoken Grief, a resource and support site for perinatal and neonatal loss. Read bio and latest posts → Read Devan's latest posts →

« Go back to Pregnancy

9 thoughts on “Which One Are You? 7 Different Types of Pregnant Women

1. StrawBerry says:

I’m 24 weeks tomorrow, and so far I fit in the barely noticeable category. There are even many moments I even forget that I am pregnant. I also happen to be short, so who knows if I’ll continue with this trend.

2. Donna says:

I am the barely noticeable. It really depends on how I dress and I don’t tend to flaunt it.

3. Karen says:

With my first I was in the “Barely Noticeable” category, I didn’t look pregnant till about 8mts and I didn’t fit into maternity clothes until 36 weeks. This time, at only 10weeks I think I’m still in the same category, except I’m actually having symptoms this time, but they’re very very very mild compared to every one else that I know is pregnant. I’m also very short and petite so that’s a bit strange.

4. Ashley says:

im barely noticable im 32 weeks and noone can tell at all and im not fat got a little meat on my bones but still im always told im lucky!! really?? i dont feel lucky!?!? lol

5. LaNae says:

Im the out of control. it sucks because i had a small body frame now Im on my 2nd pregnancy and already showing. Im only ten weeks! how ridiculous! i even eat healthy ahhhhhh

6. Karen at Tyckled Tales says:

ohh I have had the pleasure of meeting one of each kind as I’ve been working so much for pregnant women. I’m definitely sharing this on Twitter and Facebook. This is awesome – thanks!

7. PottyMouthMommy says:

I have been in the “out of control” for all of my pregnancies; “built for it” during the first, I loved being pregnant! and then for the others I was “constantly sick”. I tried to enjoy being pregnant, but it just wasn’t going to happen for me. I’ve got my three wonderful kids now though, and I’m happy with my tubes tied!! :D

8. Angela says:

The awkward…..me and my belly are always knocking stuff down and trying to squeeze into places to small. Not to mention the constant tripping over stuff. I have cats and they are always circling me in my blind spots by my feet.

9. mom2four says:

Barely noticeable with the first two and Constantly sick with the last two. I’m sure I’ll be Out of Control if I have anymore!