Memorial Day weekend is here! And you know you will be loading up on plenty of summertime foods. Grilled burgers, baked beans, lemonade, watermelon, dogs, BBQ chips, frosty smoothies, corn on the cob and potato salad. Well don’t forget the cool, crunchy, cravable summer salads..
Grab your sunscreen and head out for a fabulous Memorial Day weekend. And feel free to load up on lots of healthy, delicious salads. Here are my ten favorite to try. Memorial Day approved..
Summer is the best time to indulge in healthy eating. Frosty smoothies, fresh fruit salads and plenty of summer veggies. Zesty flavorful dressings – and grilling days too. Healthy foods taste even better when paired with a side of golden sunshine and a fresh summer breeze. Get excited about your salad course this summer – or make your “salad and veggies” the main event of the meal! Try these flavorful vegan salad recipes – sure to please a crowd.
10 Memorial Day Summer Salads
1. Iceberg Wedge Salad with creamy Green Summer Dressing and Tempeh “bacon” Bits – recipe
2.Arugula Salad with mango, macadamia nuts, avocado and light zesty dressing – recipe
3. Mint-Lime Spring (or summer) Green Fruit Salad kiwi, pistachios, avocado - recipe
4. Summer “Fruit” Salad with Sunny Citrus Dressing, pineapple, raspberries, baby romaine – recipe
5. Big Kahuna Hawaiian Salad with Pineapple Dressing, plantain chips, papaya, macadamia nuts, frisee – recipe
6. Watermelon Radish Slaw – recipe
7. Grilled Portobello Mushroom Romaine Tomato Salad - zesty lemon dressing – recipe
8. Giant Heirloom Tomato Salad, olives, pumpkin seeds – recipe
9. Summer Cilantro Fiesta Slaw Salad, crunchy cabbage – recipe
10. Fried Pickles and Purple Slaw Salad – recipe
more healthy summer salad recipes here
Happy Memorial Day everyone!