10 Ways to Eat Pizza for BreakfastBrooke McLay
I get bored for breakfast. I know this is absurd. There are no less than four thousand cereal flavor options in the store. There are endless arrays of items that go on top of oatmeal and alongside pancakes. But still, it can get a wee bit boring.
Several weeks ago, I made a quick batch of Pizza Dough then baked it into a dozen personal-sized pizza crusts, tossed those crusts into the freezer, and let them sit there until they were needed. It wasn’t long before they were needed. Needed big time for a bit of breakfast. We cracked an egg on top of one of our pizza’s, sprinkled the dough with jack cheese, scallions, and bit of diced ham, then baked it all until bubbly. That wasn’t all we did. Making breakfast pizza’s is a simple way to kick your regular routine without a whole lot of fuss. Here are out ten top breakfast pizza combo’s. All you need is a pizza crust, a few basic ingredients, and you’re good to go!
1. SOUTHERN SAUSAGE PIZZA: Spread the crust with a tablespoon of Cream of Mushroom Soup. Top with cheddar cheese, crumbled sausage, and diced scallions. Bake until bubbly.
2. BLT PIZZA: Ranch dressing for sauce, topped with jack cheese, diced tomatoes, bacon bits, and chopped spinach. Bake until cheese is bubbly.
3. PIZZA SCRAMBLE: Toss your favorite scrambled eggs on top of your pizza crust. Sprinkle with your favorite cheese. Bake until cheese is melted. Garnish with chopped parsley.
4. PARMESAN-VEGGIE PIZZA: Pile your pizza high with zucchini slices, onions, red bell peppers, and a drizzle of olive oil. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake until golden brown.
5. GREEN CHILI & CHEDDAR PIZZA: Top your pizza with green enchilada sauce, scrambled eggs cheddar, black beans, and chopped red peppers. Bake until bubbly.
6. TOAD IN THE HOLE: Spread a thin layer of cream cheese atop your crust. Place whole sausage all across the top of your pizza crust. Sprinkle with a smidgen of white cheddar cheese. Bake until bubbly.
7. PIZZA QUICHE LORRAINE: Whisk together one egg, 2 tablespoons of cream, 2 tablespoons of diced ham, 1/4 cup chopped fresh spinach, and 1/3 cup swiss cheese. Spread over a personal-sized pizza crust. Bake until golden brown. Garnish with chopped parsley.
8. JUEVOS RANCHEROS PIZZA: Spread salsa generously across your crust. Crack an egg on your crust, top with a sprinkling of cheddar cheese. Bake until the egg is cooked through. Top with sour cream and chopped cilantro.
9. GARDEN TOMATO BREAKFAST PIZZA: Spread pesto sauce on your pizza crust. Top with fresh tomato slices and fresh mozzarella. Sprinkle a bit of sea salt and fresh cracked pepper on top. Bake until cheese is melted.
10. WHITE BREAKFAST PIZZA: Spread canned alfredo sauce over your pizza. Top with mushrooms, onion slices, and chopped cauliflower. Sprinkle a bit of mozzarella on top. Bake until cheese is melted.