17 Day Diet Plan - is it for you?kathypatalsky
Dr. Michael Rafael Moreno’s 17 Day Diet is the latest in get-ready-for-summer diet trends. The book cover states, “A doctor’s plan designed for rapid results.” – Sounds great, right? Just seventeen days to a slimmer you. And now, the 17 Day Diet has partnered with BistroMD to bring the diet meal plan straight to your doorstep. No cooking required. Sounds too good to be true, right? Well lets take a look at what you’ll get in seventeen days…
The facts (from the 17-Day website):
* The 17 Day Diet is a carbohydrate cycling diet whereby you adjust your intake of carbohydrates.
* The 17 Day Diet Meal Plan provides you with convenient, weekly delivery of delicious physician-designed, chef-prepared meals.
* You will receive 7 days of breakfasts, lunches and dinners for about $26.00 a day.
* The 17 Day Diet Meal Plan will provide you with 21 meals for less than $185.00 a week which includes shipping.
Not a bad price if you think about all you are getting. But just what in the world is this diet all about?
* it’s low-carb
* it’s portion controlled
* it includes everyday foods like meat, cheese, eggs. But cuts back on carbs like bread.
* you’ll be eating “regular food” – meaning there are no juice fasts or special powder shakes to make or strange “diet food” sounding menus. This is real food.
Here are a few sample entrees from the 17 Day Diet menu..
Sample Day 1
Breakfast: Breakfast Omelet
Lunch: Shrimp and Chicken Gumbo
Dinner: Old World Beef Bourguignon
Sample Day 2
Breakfast: Mixed Berry Crepe
Lunch: Philly Inspired Chicken Cheese Steak
Dinner: Pork Tenderloin with Olive Tapenade
The Catch? The catch with any diet is asking yourself the question, “how can I maintain my weight loss and keep up this calorie controlled lifestyle?” Well if you look at the menu you’ll see mainstream food. Cheese, meat, fish, eggs. The main trick to this diet is portion control. After all, any dietitian will remind you that weight loss is a pure math equation. You must exert more calories than you take in, in order to lose body fat. So the challenge after you lose some 17 Day Diet weight will be to maintain those portion sizes – no matter what your diet may look like.
And part of the 17 Day Diet appeal is that by “cycling” your carbs, you are able to actually give your metabolism a boost.
Will the 17 Day Diet work for you? Everyone is different. And always consult your doctor before any drastic dietary changes – but if you are motivated to lose weight and like what you see from Dr. Mike – give it a try. Visit the 17 Day Diet website for more info.
Have you tried the 17 Day Diet or BistroMD Meal Plan? What do you think?
If you want my Florida Avocado Wrap recipe – not part of the 17 Day Diet – (as shown in photo) – get it here