5 Grilling Gifts for Father's DayOle & Shaina Olmanson
Father’s Day is coming. Do you know what you’re giving the special men in your life? I don’t think it’s any coincidence that grilling season coincides with Father’s Day.
Whether you’re camping or just cooking out at your home, grilling is definitely a popular summer option for getting a meal cooked and ready for consumption. It may also be the one time dinner is cooked by someone other than you, which makes gift-giving that much easier.
Here are five gifts for Father’s Day for the king of the grill in your life:
1. Grilling tongs: My husband is a big believer in the power of tongs. He has certain specifications about spring and how they feel in his hands. He also likes for them to lock in place so that they are easier to work with or rest on a flat surface. He uses them for everything from flipping burgers to grilling vegetables to moving grates in his smoker.
2. Rib rub: Ribs are one of those things that can take a while to master getting them done just right, and a good rub is half the battle.
3. Cedar grilling planks: Use cedar planks for everything from salmon to steak. They give a nice, subtle flavor of cedar to your grilled meats and baste it in its own juices as it cooks.
4. Shun Santoku Knife: If you’re looking to really spoil your husband or father, nothing beats a good, expertly-rafted knife. I wasn’t a believer until a few years ago when we received our first real set of knives. The difference in preparation of food is clear, and having a sharp blade that easily cuts through meat for the grill is not only safer, but it makes the cooking experience much more enjoyable.
5. Chimney starter: Avoid using harsh chemicals to start your coals. A chimney starter gets your coals nice and hot evenly without the use of chemicals.
What will you be doing for Father’s Day this year?
Don’t miss the latest from Family Kitchen – Like Us on Facebook!