5 Things You Should Start GrillingBrooke McLay
Fire up the propane, people! It’s grilling season, and we’re gonna do more than cook up some ashy chicken and steak. No way! The grill is great for meat, but there are all sorts of other things you gotta start grilling. Dinner on the grill doesn’t have to feel like a campfire! It can be an easy, elegant way to whip up something divine.
1. Grill Your Pizza. Prep a cooked pizza crust with your favorite toppings, then melt on your grill! Make sure the burner is turned to low and close the top of the grill while cooking the pizza. This ensures even cooking and no burning!
2. Grill Your Fruit. It may seem strange when you’re used to savory dishes, but some fruits stand up beautifully to a good grilling. Try tossing peaches, pineapple, even watermelon on top of your grill for a truly unique dessert. A little ice cream on top, and you’ll enjoy summer more than you ever have before.
3. Grill Your Salad. Believe it or not, a hunk of romaine halved makes for an amazing flavor experience. Drizzle with a touch of olive oil, toss on the grill until browned. Serve with a sweet tomato or French dressing for a truly delicious salad!
4. Grill Your Salsa. Toss fresh, ripe tomatoes onto the grill before making salsa. Once the skins turn a deep black, bring them inside, gently flake some of the black skin off, then toss into the blender with all your favorite ingredients. Voila! Homemade Fireroasted Salsa in five minutes flat!
5. Grill Your Appetizers. Who says you have to serve up entrees only this summer? Start every party off right with grilled appetizers. Our favorite is this gorgeous Berry & Goat Cheese grilled crostini. It’s not only easy to whip together, it tastes like a dream and is perfect for Fourth of July picnics! Grill, serve, enjoy summer!
Berry Crostini with Goat Cheese & Honey
- 1 loaf Market Pantry French Bread
- 1/2 cup Market Pantry butter
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup honey
Slice French bread into 3/4″ thick slices. Spread each side of the French bread with butter. Place on a grill heated to medium. Cook until golden brown on both sides. Immediately remove golden crostini and spread with goat cheese. Top with raspberries and blueberries. Drizzle with honey. Serve and enjoy!