Do you ever just get that feeling that your morning are ho-hum because you’re stuck in a cereal rut? Waking up to the a box of something or other morning after morning may be safe, it may fill your belly, but it is also a surefire way to get uninspired. Here are 5 quick, simple ways to dress up your regular bowl of cereal and turn it into a fun, flavor sensation!
1. Add Fresh Fruit. Tossing a handful of fresh berries, sliced kiwi, or bananas on top of your cereal adds new texture, lots of nutrition, and inspiring color to any bowl of cereal.
2. Toss in Chocolate. Sprinkle grain-sweetened chocolate chunks over your favorite healthy cereal and turn it into a decadent treat without adding tons of extra sugar.
3. Swap the Milk. Nowadays, the milk section is chock full of new flavors and options. Toss the traditional milk and top your cereal with Almond, Soy, or Coconut milk for a nuance of flavor that is out of this world!
4. Heat it Up. Some cold cereals, like Grape-Nuts, lend themselves to heating. Change up the texture and flavor of your morning routine by pouring a bowl of milk and cereal, then zapping it in the microwave until hot.
5. Go Nuts. Add toasted almonds, macadamia nuts, or cashews to any bowl of cereal for added protein, flavor, and nutrients.