In a pinch to plate a protein-rich entree for dinner? These seven recipes for simple sassy tofu dishes showcase how easy it is to turn a boring white block into something amazing, delicious, meatless, easy on your budget, and maybe a little fun too!
Try these super simple recipes — that contain just a handful of ingredients — and learn to love and crave tofu as your family’s new fave go-to protein.
1. Salt and Pepper Tofu: These salt and pepper tofu triangles cook up crispy and light — with caramelized edges and a peppery flavor that merges well with most any menu.
2. Maple Tamari Seared Tofu: This savory and sweet tofu is seared to perfection. The hearty tofu steak rectangles make a cravable presentation platter.
3. Peppered Ginger Tofu: Asian-inspired peppery ginger tofu triangles are delicious served over some peanut lime soba noodles and broccoli.
4. Tofu LEGO Bites: Food you can play with! Well, sort of. Kids will love these LEGO-looking cubes of simple flavored tofu. Stack them on a plate for some mealtime fun.
5. Sunrise Citrus Tofu Cubes: These citrus and maple tofu cubes are perfect for breakfast! Fresh orange flavors and a dash of spice mingle with maple syrup. Serve tofu in the morning without doing the ‘tofu scramble’ thing.
6. Large Cube Citrus Glazed Tofu: This unique large cube presentation is a fun and eye-catching way to serve tofu.
7. Hasselback Tofu: You’ve heard of hasselback potatoes. Well this is hasselback tofu — BBQ style! Easy, fun, and delicious.