Since we have already started to fire up our grill here at home, there have been plenty of left-overs to play with. I always bar-b-q a healthy amount of chicken then throughout the week add them to salads, or in this case to a wrap. I was so hungry this afternoon and didn’t have a lot of time to prepare a elaborate meal. I looked in my fridge and saw a tub of hummus, lavash bread, and some left-over chicken staring back at me. Within minutes I had myself a grilled chicken and hummus wrap, and the girl in me was so pleased. It made me think of my days in school when my Mom still packed me a lunch. This wrap works well when you’re in a hurry, or want something hearty and light as a snack.
Ingredients for grilled chicken and hummus wrap:
- 1 – lavash bread
- 2 – small pieces of cold grilled chicken (best if they are left-overs)
- 2 – tablespoons hummus
- 2 – round slices of red onion (pull apart into rings)
- 8 – 3 inch long spears of hothouse cucumber (leave the peel on)
- 5 – cherry tomatoes (cut each one into 4′s)
- 1/4 – cup arugula
- 6 – thinly sliced pieces of yellow bell pepper
- 2 – toothpicks
- 2 – green olives
- Lay lavash bread flat. Set to the side.
- Cut chicken into thinly sliced pieces to spread throughout the length of lavash bread.
- On one side of the lavash smear the hummus along the entire edge.
- On the other side of the lavash assemble the chicken, red onion rings, cucumber sprears, tomato wedges, arugula, and yellow bell pepper pieces.
- Fold lavash over to form a burrito shape.
- Cut in half and place a toothpick topped with an olive in the top to hold it on place.
For more recipes from Nicole Presley click over to her blog: Presley’s Pantry
Nicole loves pinning. Follow her on Pinterest.