Agua! Agua! Agua! That’s all I want to do this summer is make beautiful aguas to fill my fridge with. As soon as I feel the heat setting in and I need an instant cool down, I know exactly what will make me happy….. Agua de piña y fresa! The acidic pineapple and sweet strawberry make a beautiful mellow tasting fruity drink that almost taste like a pineapple melon. It’s strange how that happens, but it is a hybrid fruit blessing that I will live by during this Southern California heat wave. Enjoy!
Ingredients for Agua De Piña Y Fresa:
- 1 – whole pineapple
- 12 – strawberries
- 8 – cups of water
- 1 – cup sugar
- Cut and peel a whole pineapple. Cut into two inch chunks. Discard pineapple skin, top and bottom.
- Slice up strawberries, and remove stems.
- Place all fruit in a blender with sugar and 2 cups water. If your blender is on the smaller side, do this step in two batches.
- Blend on high till smooth.
- Pour agua through a sieve to collect all the pulpy part of the liquid.
- Then in a large pitcher add fruit water and the remaining 6 cups of water. Mix to combine.
- Place in the refrigerator for a few hours to chill.
- Serve over ice, and garnish with fresh strawberries and a pineapple spear.
For more recipes from Nicole Presley click over to her blog: Presley’s Pantry
Nicole loves pinning. Follow her on Pinterest.
MORE ON BABBLE
The 25 healthiest foods for under $1
41 copycat recipes from your favorite restaurants
20 yummy salads hearty enough for dinner
15 ways to make fresh and crispy lettuce wraps
7 superfoods to eat for healthy, glowing skin