These delicious Avocado Tofu Toasts combine silky sauteed tofu, speckled with spices, buttery avocado and lemon all sitting on top of a crisp tamari rice cracker. Whip up this healthy snack and feel good about all the yummy flavors you get to enjoy! Rich in protein and healthy fats..
Avocado Tofu Toasts
vegan, makes 6 toasts
1/2 avocado, sliced into strips
6 thin slices of firm tofu, blotted dry
1/2 lemon, sliced into wedges (garnish)
1/2 lemon, juiced
6 sesame tamari rice crackers (extra-large variety)
2-3 pinches salt (to taste)
a few dashes of chili powder or chipotle powder
1/2 tsp agave or maple syrup (optional, adds hint of sweetness!)
a few dashes fine black pepper
1 tsp vegetable oil for saute pan (safflower oil used)
1. Slice avocado and juice 1/2 lemon. Soak avocado in lemon juice while you prepare tofu.
2. Slice tofu and blot with paper towel so that the outside surfaces are nice and dry.
3. Heat a saute pan over high heat. When hot, add oil and sliced tofu. Add spices over top. Cook 1-2 minutes on each side.
4. Add tofu and avocado to rice crackers. Add pepper over top. Add optional Brazil nut garnish for some added nutrients! Serve.
More on Family Kitchen:
* 27 Veganized Superbowl Snacks!
* 21 Dreamy Vegan Cupcake Recipes
* 21 Wellness-Infused Recipes for Flu Season!
* 30 Bowls for Healthy Winter Eating
* 23 Nut Butter lovers’ Recipes
* 31 Healthy Foods to Add to Your Diet in 2013
* Chocolate-Dipped Peanut Butter Rice Bars
* 7 Healthy Beverages to Choose Today
* Simple Sweet Green Juice Recipe