Snacks and Sides Ideas…..
- You can provide them whole, sliced or in shapes. Some of our favorites are plums, peaches, orange segments, apple slices (roll in a bit of lime juice to maintain freshness), grapes, watermelon chunks, blueberries, strawberries, pear cubes, pineapple, raisins, apricots, applesauce
- Make fruit kabobs and fruit salads
- Carrots, celery, broccoli, cauliflower, cherry toms, pickles, cucumbers, red pepper slices.
- Salads-make mini versions and dress ahead time with a spritz of vinegar and olive oil:
Muffins: Make large batches and freeze them. Then you can toss one in the lunch box in the morning and it will be ready for lunch.
- Mini quiches
- Cheese and Crackers
- Mini cracker sandwiches
- Make their own Snack Mix
- Baked regular or tortilla Chips
- Organic Snack Bars
- Cereal in a bag
- Graham Crackers
- Cheese-string or cut up our own and can even freeze and place in the a.m.
- Rice Cakes (but watch for artificial flavors)
- Dips: ranch, vinegar, hummus, yogurt, sour cream, salsa, bean dip, tzatziki, peanut butter, pesto
- Sunflower and/or Pumpkin Seeds are often allowed at school with nut restrictions