My daughter is way into banana bread for snack these days. Baking with bananas is her new favorite thing! To change up our baking routine from banana bread and muffins I decided to try and make banana cookies with toffee and chocolate chips. I’ve always loved banana and toffee together (i.e. banoffee) and think chocolate chips are a natural add-in. I looked up several recipes for banana cookies and combined a few elements from each to make my own. Then I added in toffee and chocolate chips and baked them to perfection. We loved the resulting taste and texture, they tasted like toffee banana bread, only in cookie form! You can guess what her new favorite snack is now!
Banoffee Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon kosher salt
½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup toffee pieces
1 very ripe medium banana, cut into small pieces
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and beat again.
3. In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt until just combined. With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients to the mixing bowl and beat until just combined.
4. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the banana chunks, chocolate chips and toffee chips.
5. Place rounded teaspoonfuls on a lined baking sheet and baking for 14 to 16 minutes, or until the tops and edges of the cookies are totally golden and the center is set, it is important that the cookie is browned or else they will be too soft when cooled. Remove from the baking sheet to a wire rack and cool completely.