- About 1 pound fettuccine
- 1 pound rump steak
- olive or canola oil spray
- 2 ounces lean bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 stick celery, finely sliced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1/2 pound button mushrooms, halved
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 15 ounce can evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons French mustard
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- freshly ground black pepper
- fresh flat-leaf parsley
- green salad
- 1 cup set low-fat natural yogurt
- 1 cucumber, peeled, unseeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- olive oil spray
Cook pasta according to packet instructions.
Meanwhile, cook steak in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking.
Remove from heat and allow to rest.
Reduce heat to medium, spray frying pan with oil and cook bacon, onion, carrot, celery, garlic and mushrooms until onion is soft.
Add flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
Gradually add evaporated milk, then mustard, soy sauce and tomato paste.
Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring, until thick.
Slice steak into strips, add to pan and heat through.
To serve, ladle beef mixture over pasta, sprinkle with pepper and garnish with parsley.
Serve with a green salad.