Best Brownie ContestKelsey Banfield
Brownies are one of our favorite treats year-round. Whether packing them for a summer picnic, or munching on a them in front of a cozy winter fire, their warm, gooey chocolate taste always fits the bill. Over the years I have tried, literally, dozens of brownie recipes and have come to the conclusion that there are several great ways to make them.
One of my favorite recipes involves melting squares of chocolate with butter over a double-boiler, while another simply calls for adding all of the ingredients to the food processor and giving it a quick blitz. Then, of course, once the base of the brownie is made there are the fun add-in’s. I love swirling in peanut butter, jam, cream cheese or caramel to take my homemade brownies from basic chocolate bar to over-the-top decadent dessert.
In the spirit of everyone’s favorite chocolate dessert, I would love to know, what is YOUR favorite brownie recipe? This week I am teaming up with Scharffen Berger Chocolate – my personal favorite for baking – for a contest to find the best brownie recipe out there. One of the most important reasons I love Scharffen Berger is because it is the first bean-to-bar chocolate in the US and sources only the highest quality cocoa with which to manufacture their chocolate. The result of their artisan chocolate-making methods and strict quality control is a product that is unparalleled in quality and taste. I will be posting everyone’s entries throughout the week so all of our readers can enjoy everyone’s fabulous homemade treats! Anyone and everyone can enter, here are the details:
1. Send me a mouthwatering photograph of your favorite brownies to naptimechef (at) gmail (dot) com. Please send only jpeg format. Presentation counts so make sure your brownies look their finest! Brownies with add-in’s like swirls and chocolate chips are completely welcome.
2. In the email body please send a note about your recipe including 1) the origin of the recipe 2) any anecdotes regarding why you and your family like it so much.
3. Please write your recipe in a legible format and include exact amounts so that people will be able to bake from it.
4. Contest runs from Monday, July 5th 1:30pm through Monday. July 12th at 11:59am. The winner will be announced on The Family Kitchen on Tuesday, July 13th.
5. The winner will receive an fabulous Scharffen Berger Chocolate gift basket so that they can make their awesome brownies at home!