I adore banana bread and I adore peanut butter. I also love banana slices dipping in peanut butter. So, why not peanut butter banana bread? Inspired by those who have previously explored this idea, the other day I set out to make my own version of Peanut Butter Banana Bread based on my favorite banana bread recipe. The peanut butter flavor in this moist, chewy bread is simply delicious without being overpowering. In many ways is reminds me of my favorite snack in bread form. Make this for your family and I promise they will love it as much as we did.
Peanut Butter Banana Bread
1 stick unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup ripe bananas, mashed
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/3 cup full-fat plain yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 cup mini-chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350. Butter and flour a standard 9×5 loaf pan*.
2. Mix together butter and sugar until fully combined. Add eggs, vanilla extract, yogurt, and peanut butter, mix well. Add mashed bananas, mix again until completely combined.
3. In a separate bowl mix flour, soda, nutmeg, cinnamon and chocolate chips (if using). Stir this mixture a few times and make sure the chips are fully coated with flour.
4. Working slowly, stir flour mixture into egg mixture. Keep stirring until all flour is fully incorporated. The batter may still be a little lumpy from the bananas, this is normal.
5. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 45 50 minutes or until top is golden and a cake tester comes out clean.
6. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then, carefully remove it from the pan and let it cool on a wire rack before serving.
*You can also divide the batter into smaller loaf pans, or mini loaf pans if you want to make smaller breads.
Freezer Tips: This bread freezes well. If you want to save it for later simply wrap it tightly in plastic wrap. Then wrap it again with an outer layer of aluminum foil. Make sure none of the bread is exposed to air. It will last in the freezer for 2-4 months.