Makes: 1 8″ × 8″ pan of brownies
Juniper Chocolate Frosting
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon ground juniper berries
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat butter about 2 minutes until creamy.
2. Add condensed milk, vanilla, cocoa, and juniper berries, and continue beating until soft and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pint fresh blackberries
- 1 batch Juniper Chocolate Frosting
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat sugar, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla, about 1 minute. Add cocoa, flour, salt, and baking powder, and continue mixing until combined.
2. Pour batter into an 8″ × 8″ greased brownie pan. Press blackberries into the batter in rows. Bake for 25–30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool before frosting with the Juniper Chocolate Frosting.
Photos courtesy of Matt Wittmeyer Photography