My daughter is addicted to Cadbury Mini-Eggs. The reason for that is because I am addicted to them and I let her have some of mine the other day. Now we are both hooked. I bought a big bag to keep around the house for treats (bad, I know) and decided to surprise my daughter and use them in my favorite Butterscotch Blondie recipe instead of my usual chocolate chunks. I knew she would flip for the eggs baked into a bar cookie, it is kind of the best of both worlds in a way, her favorite sweet treat enhanced with her favorite candy. These were, as predicted, a total hit in our house. We couldn’t get enough of them and left very little for my husband when we got home from work. Oh well, I have more eggs in the pantry, looks like I’ll have to make another batch!
Cadbury Mini-Egg Butterscotch Blondies
1 cup unsalted butter, melted
2 cups light brown sugar, firmly packed
2 cups all-purpose flour
¾ teaspoon baking soda
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 8 ounce bag Cadbury mini-eggs, roughly chopped
1. Preheat oven to 325ºF. Butter a 9×13 baking dish and set aside.
2. In a double boiler, or glass bowl placed over simmering water, and add the butter and sugar. Allow to melt slowly and whisk until completely blended. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
3. While butter mixture is cooling, whisk together flour and baking soda in a small bowl or measuring cup.
4. When the butter mixture has cooled whisk in the eggs, vanilla, corn syrup and salt. Fold in the flour mixture with a wooden spoon until completely combined. Then, add the mini eggs, but don’t overmix.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 40-42 minutes, or until cake tester comes out clean and edges of the blondies are slightly pulled away from the sides of the pan. Cool completely, then cut into bars and serve.