- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups zucchini, grated
Preheat the oven to 350°F and line and grease a loaf tin (6 in x 9 in).
In a medium size bowl, sift the first 7 ingredients.
In a large bowl add eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla. Whisk until well combined and thick (approx 1 minute).
Add dry ingredients to wet mixture and beat to combine. Add zucchini and fold until well combined.
Pour into loaf tin about 3/4 full and bake for one hour or until skewer comes out clean.
- If your loaf pan is slightly too small for the mixture, make the remaining batter into muffins. (Bake for 20 minutes.)
- Hand mixing will make the loaf lighter.
- Zucchini bread freezes well and tastes great slightly toasted and spread with butter for an after school snack.