Going on an end-of-summer camping trip? Bring your Hefty Slider Bags to make the experience a picture perfect one. Here are just a few of the ways these zippered bags come in handy when you’re roughing it in the wilderness.
1. Use Hefty Bags to marinate a piece of meat. Add the meat and steak, and then place them in the freezer until frozen solid. This becomes extra ice in your cooler, plus it means you’ll have a tasty steak dinner one night.
2. Do a smoking session and bring along ready-to-go smoked ribs wrapped in foil and placed in the slider bags. These just need to be finished over the campfire for a finger lickin’ good meal.
3. Bring sides like cornbread, measuring all the dry ingredients in one bag and the wet in another. When your fire is hot, just combine the two bags, squish until mixed, and then snip the tip and fill your cast iron pan to make fresh, warm cornbread one night. Coleslaw is another great side that can be mixed in separate bags and combined before ready to eat.
4. Store dirty utensils in one bag and clean in another bag. This will keep them separate from anything clean and contain any sticky icky you’ve got going on.
5. Use larger Hefty Slider Bags to fill with ice. They’ll contain the melted pieces instead of soaking through all your food in your cooler.
Don’t miss the latest from Family Kitchen – Like Us on Facebook!