Cartoon characters on your Facebook profile are all the rage this weekend. Changing your Facebook profile picture to your favorite cartoon character shows you are raising awareness to help stop child abuse. This is a great cause that almost everyone is participating in. This event is becoming a viral movement. The best thing about this action is that with a simple change of your Facebook picture to a cartoon character, you are supporting a very important cause, and it costs you nothing but the minute or two it takes to find a cartoon photo and change your picture. There are so many characters to choose from. I’ve been going through characters all day trying to decide on one myself. I grew up in the eighties, so there are a lot to choose from. However, I also enjoyed many cartoons in reruns, like Looney Tunes, so I had a really hard decision. At first I wanted to use Pepe La Pew’s girlfriend, but couldn’t find a picture of her alone. Now I think I have finally decided on Minnie Mouse. She is just too cute. Here’s a list of the top 10 characters of all time along with what we think their favorite recipe would be.
10. Rocky and Bullwinkle: These two characters are two of my favorites from my childhood. Rocky’s the smart one, and Bullwinkle is in a constant state of ignorant bliss. I think they would enjoy a nice roasted acorn squash soup.
9. Wile E. Coyote: Poor Wile! He could never catch that darn road runner, but he never gave up. His relentlessness was very admirable. His favorite recipe would of course be road runner stew.
8. Popeye: Popeye is without a doubt the most popular sailor of all time who made eating veggies cool. His favorite recipe would have been creamed spinach, spinach soup or anything spinach, of course.
7. The Grinch: The Grinch is the bad guy that you fell in love with by the end of the story. The Grinch at first hated the Who pudding and roast beast, but then came to love it.
6. Fred Flintstone: Fred was such a hard worker, although a little clueless about life in general. He was a real blue collar guy that everyone loved, and he loved his Bronto Burgers.
5. Charlie Brown: Charlie was the kid everyone loved. He was the boy next door, and he would have loved a big bowl of homemade mac and cheese.
4. Bart Simpson: Bart is the little bad boy who is always into something he shouldn’t be. He would have a fondness only for straw juice and chicken nuggets, and a hatred for anything green or healthy.
3. Mickey Mouse: Mickey is one of the most recognizable characters of all time. He stands for everything that is good and happy. We can imagine him enjoying a large delicious cheese tray packed full of goodies.
2. Homer Simpson: Homer is a big lovable man who isn’t that bright, but he is very happy. He would love to come home to a big steak and baked potato made by his loving wife, Marge.
1. Bugs Bunny: Bugs bunny — who does not love him? Who hasn’t met someone with a Bugs tattoo for that matter? He is widely loved and such a wonderful character — and so smart, always outwitting that silly hunter. Bugs would really enjoy a big bowl of carrot soup.
Photo credit: flickr.com/princessashley/