Cheers to Jello CupcakesNicole Presley
Jello Cupcakes and I are secret friends. We sneak off and play fun games like “peel the wrapper off” and “top me with frosting.” No one knows that under all that frosting and sprinkles lies a wonderful burst of jello. It’s my secret, until you take the first bite, then I’ve shared my secret friend with you. Enjoy these special cupcakes at your next party or potluck or secret meeting with your best friend.
Jello Cupcakes 1 of 6
Mmmmm. I could eat these jello cupcakes anytime. anyplace.
Ingredients 2 of 6
Start with hot (right out of the oven) cupcakes and freshly made jello (still a bit warm).
Toothpick Action 3 of 6
Poke. Poke. Poke. Make at least 12 holes in the cupcake with the toothpick.
Jello Liquid 4 of 6
Pour 2 tablespoons of jello liquid over each cupcake.
Absorbed 5 of 6
This is what they should look like when your done. Then place in the fridge for 2 hours before frosting.
Frosting On And Ready To Party 6 of 6
Ingredients for Jello Cupcakes:
- 1 – box of white cake mix (bake according to box cupcake instructions)
- 1 – 6 oz. box of jello
- 2 – cups of hot water
- white frosting
- candy sprinkles
- Bake cupcakes according to box instructions.
- While cupcakes are baking, mix jello content with hot water. Mix until completely dissolved, and set to the side to cool a little.
- Remove cupcakes from oven and immediately poke holes in hot cupcakes.
- Slowly pour two tablespoons of jello over each cupcake.
- Let the jello soak in for 20 minutes then remove from tin pan and place in the fridge for 2 to 3 hours on a wax paper lined plate or tray.
- Once jello has set frost and sprinkle the cupcakes.
For more recipes from Nicole Presley click over to her blog: Presley’s Pantry
Nicole loves pinning. Follow her on Pinterest.