My favorite way to eat broccoli is this: Cheezy. And roasted. This Cheezy Roasted Broccoli recipe infuses each green broccoli branch with some serious savory flavor. Roasting these yummy, healthy green stems caramelizes the edges and brings out some cravable veggie flavor. Get my recipe and check out the healthy cheezy twist..
The secret cheezy ingredient is nutritional yeast. Have you tried this stuff on pasta and veggies?? It rocks! You wouldn’t ever guess that it is actually incredibly healthy for you – packed with nutrients – thus the name.
You can even use it to make a delicious dairy-free vegan parmesan sprinkle.
Another awesome broccoli recipe: 2-Ingredient Creamy Garlic Broccoli
Cheezy Roasted Broccoli
vegan, makes 4-5 cups (broccoli shrinks as it roasts)
2-3 Tbsp tamari or soy sauce (or bragg’s Liquid Aminos)
1 Tbsp maple syrup
6 cups broccoli (stalks sliced thin and florets cut into bite-sized pieces)
2-3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup nutritional yeast flakes
1/4 tsp black pepper
1. Turn oven to 415 degrees.
2. Prep broccoli and toss well with all ingredients.
3. Lay broccoli in one layer on a baking sheet.
4. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-20 minutes – or until edges become tender and caramelized. Cooking time will depend on how large your florets have been sliced and how tough your broccoli is.
5. Cool. Serve. I love to serve over top quinoa. Try with saffrom-infused quinoa for an elegant-meets-cozy bowl.
Read more from Kathy on her blog, Healthy. Happy. Life.
Don’t miss the latest from Family Kitchen – Like Us on Facebook!
More on Family Kitchen:
* Stacked Mushroom Melt Veggie Burger