Chicken and Basil Stir-Fry
Egg free, Gluten free
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 10 button mushrooms, sliced
- 8 oz baby spinach leaves
- 1 package cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2/3 cups evaporated light milk
- 3 tablespoons good-quality basil pesto
- basil leaves, to garnish
- 1 1/2 tablespoons basil pesto, extra
Heat one tablespoon of oil in a large non-stick frying pan or wok, stir-fry chicken until golden and cooked through – best done in two batches.
Transfer to a plate.
Add the remaining oil to pan and stir-fry bell pepper and mushrooms for 1-2 minutes.
Add the baby spinach and tomatoes and cook until the spinach starts to wilt. Stir in evaporated milk and pesto and heat through.
Serve on steamed rice, garnished with basil leaves and about 1 teaspoon of extra basil pesto per serve.
- For fussy children that don’t do green bits or red bits, take the chicken out of the stir-fry and serve with the rice. You may have to scrape off offending vegetable matter with a knife. The chicken will have a hint of the beautiful flavor and maybe (fingers crossed) next time they will try a bit more.