Chicken Broccoli Cashew Stir-Fry
Egg free, Gluten free
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless chicken thighs or breasts, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound broccoli, chopped into florets
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1/2 cup unsalted cashews
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in wok.
Cook the chicken in two batches; stir-fry until golden and tender, remove.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in wok, add onion, stir fry for 1 minute, add garlic, celery, carrot and broccoli.
Stir-fry until vegetables are tender, the broccoli should be bright green.
Add soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, chicken, and nuts; heat through.
Serve immediately with steamed or boiled rice.
- This is a great basic stir-fry to master, easily adaptable to other meats and vegetables.
- Play around with the sauces to suit your taste – oyster, hoisin and satay would all work well with this recipe.