Chicken in Lettuce Cups
Egg free, Gluten free,
Lactose free, Nut free
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 22 oz ground chicken
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts, chopped
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley or cilantro leaves
- 8 iceberg lettuce leaf cups
Heat oil in a nonstick frying pan over high heat. Cook chicken until all browned – use the back of a wooden spoon to break the meat up into small pieces. Stir in celery, cook for 2-3 minutes, then add hoisin sauce and water chestnuts, heat through. Remove from heat and stir in parsley or cilantro and bean sprouts.
Place one or two lettuce leaves on each plate and spoon chicken into leaves. Serve immediately with lots of napkins.
- The best way to remove lettuce leaves: turn the lettuce upside down, use a small knife to cut out the stem and then carefully remove each leaf. Wash each leaf and dry with paper towel.
- Ground pork can be used instead of chicken.