Chili Bowl TonightBrooke McLay
Last night’s Chili Bowl prelim has short-track racing fans on their seats, cheering as two stars–Shane Cottle and Dave Darland–finished 1-2 in Friday night’s preliminary round, taking a place alongside Kevin Swindle, for Saturdays 25th annual Chili Bowl.
Whether you’ll be tuning into tonight’s festivities, or are just looking for a great game-day eat, this giant pot of Ultimate Firehouse Chili will keep rabid sports fans well-fed, and full of enough energy to cheer on their team favorites.
Ultimate Firehouse Chili Bowl
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 2 cups hot italian sausage links
- 1 lb. ground sausage
- 4 (15 ounce) cans tomato puree
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce can) pork and beans, undrained
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- salt & pepper to taste
In a large pot, cook the onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, and sausaged until browned. Add all remaining ingredients and bring just to a boil, stirring well. Serve hot with sour cream, cheddar cheese & chopped cilantro to garnish.