According to the Chinese zodiac the Year of the Rabbit has now begun. The rabbit is supposed to be the luckiest of all years in the Chinese zodiac and we should anticipate good luck and good energy in our lives this year. You will feel this most strongly if you were born in the years 1915, 1927, 1939, 1951, 1963, 1975, 1987 and 1999 those are all years of the rabbit. To usher in this exciting year of good luck the Chinese culture is celebrating their New Year with lots of good food and festivities. Even if you are not Chinese we invite you to celebrate the Year of the Rabbit with some good luck food and recipes from Chinese cuisine. For example, the Lucky Tea Egg is meant to symbolize nuggets of gold. Eating them is said to bring prosperity to your family in the new year. Here is that recipe, as well as more lucky recipes for to celebrate the Chinese New Year:
Good Luck Recipes for the Chinese New Year:
1. Chinese Tea Eggs: Meant to symbolize golden nuggets, these are said to bring prosperity to your family.
2. Homemade Egg Rolls: A perfect, easy recipe to make at home. Egg rolls symbolize wealth and good fortune.
3. Toasted Pumpkin Seeds: Serving seeds of any kind symbolizes having many children.
4. Asian Noodles: Noodle dishes are said to symbolize a long life.
5. Orange Chicken: Chicken dishes are said to symbolize happiness and marriage.