Chipotle Chicken Enchilada CasseroleSara O'Donnell
Family Fun Night just got a whole lot more fun.
Because it just got a whole lot easier for you!
With the convenience of your slow-cooker and the ease of Old El Paso’s new Chipotle Cooking Sauce, you can create a zippy, zesty Chicken Enchilada Casserole your whole family will love.
Chipotle Chicken Enchilada Casserole – Slow Cooker Recipe
2 packages Old El Paso Chipotle Cooking Sauce (2 cups)
1 can Old El Paso Refried Beans (16 ounces)
1 pound (3.5 cups shredded chicken)
14 corn tortillas
8 ounces shredded jalapeno jack cheese (about 4 cups)
1/2 cup diced onion
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
1 TBSP olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat 1 TBSP olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat.
2. Add onion, red bell pepper and jalapeno to heated pan and saute until tender and slightly caramelized.
3. Reduce the heat and add shredded chicken to vegetables and deglaze pan with 1-2 TBSP water, if needed.
4. Squeeze in two packages of Old El Paso Chipotle Cooking Sauce and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
5. Toast corn tortillas under the broiler, or on the stovetop, a few minutes on each side, just until golden. (optional)
6. In a slow-cooker, evenly layer ingredients in the following order: chipotle chicken mixture, toasted tortillas, refried beans, chipotle chicken mixture, shredded cheese; ending with a layer of shredded cheese on top. For a six quart slow-cooker you should be able to make approximately 3 layers.
7. Put the lid on the slow-cooker and cook for 1 hour on high or 2 hours on low.
8. Serve piping hot with sour cream and guacamole, additional salsa if desired, and a crisp, green salad on the side.
Serves 8-10. Makes great leftovers. If you don’t want to use a slow cooker, simply layer into a 9×13 baking dish and bake, covered, in a preheated 350(F) oven for 1 hour.
Watch my video Chipotle Chicken Enchilada Casserole for added instruction, entertainment and tips.
Check out these other great DINNER RECIPES here on Babble Food:
Make 20-Minute Steak Tacos for a Hearty Family Dinner
Make Delicious Shredded Chicken Tacos with Wilted Rice Salad
Make Creamy 30-Minute Chicken Tortilla Soup