Choco Dipped Knobby Nosed Ghosts, Quick Treat!kathypatalsky
If your little goblins are begging for a fun candy treat this Halloween season why not scoot them into the kitchen for this easy kitchen project. These Chocolate Dipped Knobby Nosed Ghosts are a fun scare and a yummy homemade candy. These tree-looking ghosts surely floated from a haunted forest or spooky swamp – a perfect nibble for dessert – or at your Halloween party treat table. Cinnamon grahams are filled with an almond butter frosting and dipped in melted dark chocolate. Spooky cashew eyes and a howling dried apricot mouth complete the look..
Choco Dipped Knobby Nosed Ghosts
vegan, makes 4 large or 8 small ghosts
8 square or rectangle cinnamon graham crackers
1 cup almond butter frosting (see below)
1 dark chocolate bar or 1 cup dark chocolate chips
2 tsp veg oil
4-8 dried apricots
2-3 Tbsp almond butter
1/2 cup vegan butter, slightly softened
2 cups confectioners sugar
2 Tbsp water
blend with hand beater until smooth
*you will have leftover frosting – use for cupcakes or frosted muffins
1. Whip together the frosting – place in the fridge to chill for at least a half hour before filling ghosts.
2. Melt chocolate in bowl with the 2 tsp vegetable oil added. I use a double broiler.
3. Slather each graham with a spoonful of frosting – add top graham layer. Wipe edges.
4. Dip the filled grahams into the chocolate to coat one or all sides. Place on wax paper.
5. Finish with the apricots and cashews.
6. Place in the fridge or freezer to chill until chocolate has hardened. Serve! Store in the fridge.