Chocolate Candy Cane CupcakesNicole Presley
The simple joys of christmas have me on a serious happy high. Eating sweets and listening to christmas carols, wrapping gifts, running around like a chicken without a head, losing sleep because you have a trillion things to get done before Ol’ Saint Nick decides to make his secretive visit, listening to all the family drama that’s about to take over the family gatherings…. Awww Christmas. In the thick of it all this is what I reach for… a Chocolate Candy Cane Cupcake, what every Christmas should be equipped with, just for the HOLLY of it. The last thing you need is a crazy complicated recipe to follow, this one is so simple and will make for a Merry Christmas!
Ingredients for Chocolate Candy Cane Cupcakes:
- 1 – box of devil’s food cake mix (follow instruction on back of box)
- 1 – teaspoon peppermint extact
- 1/2 – cup crushed candy cane
- 1/2 – cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- chocolate frosting
- chopped candy cane for garnish
- Follow instruction of the back of the cake mix.
- Once cake mix is mixed well, add in peppermint extract , and mix again until fully incorporated.
- Add in candy cane and chocolate chips. Mix well.
- Divide batter up into 24 cups.
- Bake cupcakes for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool completely.
- Frost with chocolate frosting, then add chopped candy cane for garnish.
- I took it a step further and added a cute Christmas tree as my topper.
- Merry Christmas!
For more recipes from Nicole Presley click over to her blog: Presley’s Pantry
Nicole loves pinning. Follow her on Pinterest.