Chocolate-Dipped Peanut Butter Crispy Barskathypatalsky
These Chocolate-Dipped Peanut Butter Crispy Bars may look like a decadent treat, but they are actually quite sin-free, and even, dare I say “good” for you! They contain crispy organic puffed brown rice, rich creamy peanut butter, antioxidant-rich dark chocolate, a dash of cinnamon and they are sweetened with all natural agave syrup. Maple syrup or brown rice syrup works too. Get the recipe and satisfy your sweet tooth the healthy way..
Chocolate-Dipped Peanut Butter Crispy Bars
vegan, makes 12-18 bars
1 wax-paper lined baking sheet (or use oil-sprayed foil)
6 cups puffed crispy rice cereal (I used brown rice)
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter, salted
5 Tbsp agave, brown rice or maple syrup
1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, dairy-free
1 Tbsp virgin coconut oil
1. Combine the peanut butter, cinnamon and sweetener until softened and smooth.
2. Fold the peanut butter mixture into the rice – fold very well until the rice is totally coated. Set aside.
3. Heat the chocolate and oil until melted and smooth – I used a microwave.
4. Pour a thin layer of chocolate along the baking sheet. Reserve at least 2 Tbsp of melted chocolate. Pour the rice over top and smooth to a thin layer. Drizzle the remaining chocolate over top.
5. Place tray in the freezer. The bars should be shilled and realy to enjoy in just about ten minutes! Store in the fridge or freezer.
Enjoy ad bars – or crumble bars into a bowl and add non-dairy milk for peanut butter chocolate rice crispies cereal as a sweet treat!
photo credit: Kathy Patalsky
Read more from Kathy on her blog, Healthy. Happy. Life.
More on Family Kitchen: