My Chocolate Dipped Pecan Cake will leave you in chocolate-overdrive bliss. Layers of chocolate cake are stacked and smeared with velvety chocolate butter-cream frosting. Then chocolate dipped pecans are placed in between the layers of cake and frosting as well as on top of the frosted cake. Tender pecans are also baked right into the fluffy chocolate cake. And this decadent dessert has the option of being – vegan – get this nut-chocolate recipe!..
Vegan Cake. Yes, oh yes, this cake is vegan. Now, you can easily make this cake non-vegan, but just to show you how yummy it looks as my vegan-version, here you go. And to make this recipe ultra simple – you can really use your favorite chocolate cake recipe or mix, and that goes for the chocolate butter-cream frosting as well. The only difference is that you are adding chocolate dipped pecans as garnish – and baking a few pecans into the cakes.
Here is how I pulled this vegan cake off..
Chocolate Dipped Pecan Cake
vegan, makes one layer cake
one box vegan chocolate cake mix
2/3 cup vanilla soy yogurt (my egg replacer)
2/3 cup soy milk
1/2 cup pecans, folded-in
1/3 cup canola oil
1 1/4 sticks of vegan buttery spread
1 box chocolate frosting mix
*I used Dr Oetker’s brand for the cake and frosting – you can use your own fave mix, or make from scratch using your favorite chocolate cake/frosting recipes.
Chocolate Dipped Pecans
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1 Tbsp olive oil
dash of salt
1 cup raw whole pecans
1. Preheat your oven to 350.
2. Combine your cake batter as directed. Pour into greased cake pans – and bake as directed – until the center is fluffy and baked through.
3. Cool your cakes. And whip up your frosting with a hand mixer. Place in fridge to chill.
4. Get a double broiler pot boiling on the stove. Add your chocolate, salt and oil to the top bowl. Stir until the chocolate melt. Remove from heat and start rolling your pecans in the melted chocolate. Place the covered pecans on wax paper.
5. Place the dipped pecans in the freezer to quickly chill and harden.
6. Assemble your cake! Place the first layer on your serving platter. Frost. Add a few of the chocolate pecans to the center of the cake. Then add top cake layer over top. Finish frosting the entire cake and top with the remaining chocolate dipped pecans. Store in fridge until ready to serve.