Come and snatch a cupcake off my platter of freshly baked Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes! Sunday night is my favorite time of the week to get in the kitchen, cook a long family meal and maybe even a yummy dessert. And cupcakes are always a fun way to top off a fantastic weekend. These vegan cupcakes have fluffy chocolate cake and creamy peanut butter frosting. Spring flower cupcake holders add a cheery pop of color. Try these delightful chocolate peanut butter cupcakes on your next ‘in the kitchen’ moment. And the vegan ingredients are very simple to figure out if you are new to vegan baking!..
Chocolate Peanut Butter Vegan Cupcakes
vegan, makes 12
2 cups powdered sugar
2-3 Tbsp soy creamer or soy milk
1 stick vegan butter (Earth Balance)
4 Tbsp salted creamy peanut butter
1 1/2 cups white flour
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 Tbsp baking powder
2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup vegetable oil or softened vegan butter
1 cup water
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup soy yogurt
optional: 1 Tbsp chia seeds
(or you can use applesauce – or another vegan egg replacer)
optional add-in’s: 1 tsp instant coffee, 1 1/2 Tbsp vital wheat gluten (adds body to the cupcakes)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine dry cupcake ingredients. Add liquid ingredients. Stir until smooth.
3. Line cupcake tin or grease. Add batter 2/3 cup full.
4. Bake cupcakes for 18-22 minutes – or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in center.
5. Cool cupcakes completely.
6. Using electric beater, mix frosting ingredients. Bled until creamy. Place in fridge to firm up a bit.
7. Frost cupcakes. Serve. Store frosted cupcakes in the fridge.
Read more from Kathy on her blog, Healthy. Happy. Life!
Don’t miss the latest from Family Kitchen – Like Us on Facebook!
More on Family Kitchen: