Cinnamon Chili Coconut Oil Popcornkathypatalsky
This Cinnamon Chili Coconut Oil Popcorn is a salty-sweet vegan snack that you can make on your stovetop in a flash. Grab some virgin coconut oil, your favorite organic popping corn, some select spices and toss. The aroma of this cozy bowl will fill the house with “maybe we should have a movie night just as an excuse to make more of this stuff” bliss. Get the recipe..
Cinnamon Chili Coconut Oil Popcorn
vegan, makes 6 cups popped
1/2 cup organic popping corn
3 Tbsp virgin coconut oil (unrefined for a stronger coconut flavor, refined will have less flavor)
cinnamon (around 1/2 tsp)
salt (around 1/4 tsp)
drizzle of maple syrup (2 tsp)
chili seasoning blend (a few dashes)
*my chili seasoning blend had: salt, sugar, red pepper, black pepper, turmeric, onion, garlic, paprika
optional: sprinkle of hemp seeds for texture and nutrition
note: you can easily omit any strong spicy spices for kids if needed
1. Using an extra large stock pot or popcorn popping pot, add 3 Tbsp coconut oil over med-high heat.
2. Drop in 2-3 kernals and cover pot with lid. Wait until first kernal pops, then add in the 1/2 cup popping corn. Quickly cover with lid and beware any stray popping kernals!
3. Shake around pan for next minute as kernals pop. Turn heat higher if needed to help along the popping – just be sure to move those kernals around so the don’t burn.
4. After most of the corn has popped – turn off heat. Do not open lid as kernals should still be popping a bit.
5. Let sit until popping stops, then transfer to a large mixing bowl. Toss with spices, salt and maple.
Read more from Kathy on her blog, Healthy. Happy. Life!
Don’t miss the latest from Family Kitchen – Like Us on Facebook!
More on Family Kitchen: