No-Bake Coconut Pumpkin Piekathypatalsky
This no-bake Coconut Pumpkin Pie puts a healthy, vegan spin on your favorite dessert. Pumpkin, walnuts, pumpkin pie spices, vanilla and coconut combine together quite nicely in this delicious dessert treat. The flaky coconut shreds merge perfectly with the super creamy pumpkin layer, speckled with crunchy walnuts. Craving coconut and pumpkin and don’t want to turn on your oven? Give this recipe a try! More photos ahead too..
Coconut Pumpkin Pie
vegan, makes one pie
crushed graham cracker crust
3/4 cup shredded raw coconut, unsweetened
3 Tbsp virgin coconut oil, melted
1-2 Tbsp agave syrup
pinch of salt
15 ounces pumpkin puree, unsweetened (canned or fresh)
1/3 cup agave syrup
1/4 cup raw walnuts
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup organic virgin coconut oil (melted)
fold in: 1/4 cup raw walnuts
1. Combine the coconut flakes with the melted coconut oil and agave and salt. Toss until the coconut is coated. Spread about half of the coconut across your graham cracker crust.
2. In a blender or food processor, combine the pumpkin layer ingredients and blend until smooth.
3. Pour the pumpkin mixture on top of the coconut and sprinkle the “fold-in” walnuts over top. You can gently swirl the mixture to fold in the nuts.
4. Add the remaining coconut over the pumpkin and gently swirl the flavors together.
5. Place the pie in the fridge and allow to cool for a few hours so that it firms up enough to slice.
Read more from Kathy on her blog, Healthy. Happy. Life.
Don’t miss the latest from Family Kitchen – Like Us on Facebook!
More on Family Kitchen:
* Dark Chocolate Maple Cocoa
* 11 Flavors that Pair with Pumpkin
* 16 Vegan Slow Cooker Recipes + Giveaway
* 25 Genius Recipes that Infuse Fall into Breakfast
* 10 Spooky Vegan Recipes for October
* Speculoos Pecan Maple Cheesecake (vegan)
* Healthy Fall Pumpkin – get the facts!