Soup Recipes | Chicken Soup Recipes | Split Pea Soup RecipesSarah Karnasiewicz
You will need:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 chicken thighs, about 1.5 pounds
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 small carrots, cut into thin rounds
- 3 stalks celery, cut in half lengthwise, then thinly sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, smashed
Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. When it’s hot, add the chicken pieces. Let them sear for about 2 minutes on each side, then remove to a plate, being careful not to drip the juices.
Turn down the heat to medium-low and add the onions, cook for a minute or two, then add the carrots and celery. Saute the vegetables until they’re slightly softened, about 5 minutes.
Add the garlic, cook another minute, then add back in the chicken and 8 cups of water.
Raise the heat to high, and stir to scrape off any brown bits that may have been left at the bottom. When the stock boils, try to spoon some of the foam off the top, then cook, mostly covered, for about 50 minutes.
- Mini Meatball and Rice Soup
- Pumpkin, Chard, and Split Pea Soup
- Sweet Potato Soup with Coconut Milk and Sage