Mommas across the universe are waiting for Mother’s Day. Some are wanting fancy handbags and others are looking forward to the day at the spa. Some Moms want a day to squeeze their children tight and have a nice meal. If this is the case, a group of friends and I put together a free bi-lingual (English and Spanish) Mother’s Day E-book with a collection of different recipes you can make for Momma. I decided to post one of my recipes I have in the book here. Every Mom loves scones…. This Mom just happens to like them savory and spicy.
- 1 1/2 – cups yellow corn meal
- 2 – cups flour
- 1/2 – teaspoon baking soda
- 1 – tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 – cup sugar
- 1/2 – teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 – sticks butter (cold, and cut into tablespoons)
- 1 1/2 – cups cheddar cheese (grated)
- 9 – strips of bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 1 – cup buttermilk
- 1 – jalapeno (cut into thin strips)
- peach jam and butter
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit.
- Line 2 baking sheets with non-stick baking mats
- In a food processor: add corn meal, flour, baking soda, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Pulse to combine.
- Add in butter and pulse till completely combined and grainy.
- Remove mixture from food processor, and place in a large bowl. Then mix in cheese and bacon. Mix well.
- In the center of the mixture make a hole by pushing the mixture towards the walls of the bowl. Then pour the buttermilk into the center.
- Mix with a wooden spoon until combined. Let the mixture rest for 10 minutes.
- With two hands shape dough into 2 inch balls, then place on the baking sheets 2 inches apart from one another.
- Top each scone with a jalapeno slice on top.
- Place scones in the oven and reduce the heat to 375. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Serve with peach jam and butter
For more recipes from Nicole Presley click over to her blog: Presley’s Pantry
Nicole loves pinning. Follow her on Pinterest.
To take a look at the E-book click on the photo below!