This super creamy-delicious baked sweet potato soup has just a few easy ingredients, paired with a few vibrant veggie accents for a quickie bowl to warm you up. This creamy soup is dairy-free and packed with fiber and vitamin A! This blend has a secret ingredient too! Get the vegan recipe that serves two!..
This soup is given a holiday-accent by adding my secret ingredient: citrus zest! Just a pinch of orange or tangerine zest and the sweet potato soup tastes extra cozy and special. You can even add spiced accents like pepper, cayenne and or cinnamon.
Creamy Baked Sweet Potato Soup
vegan, serves 2
1 large sweet potato (1 3/4 cups mashed after baked)
1 cup soy or almond milk, plain flavored (warmed or room temperature)
1/2 cup vegetable broth (add more to taste based on how thin or thick you’d like your soup)
1/8 tsp salt
optional: 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil (adds richness)
2 Tbsp tomatoes, chopped
2 tsp chives, chopped
1-2 Tbsp green onion, chopped
secret ingredient: 1/4 tsp orange or tangerine zest (optional)
black pepper, cinnamon and/or cayenne to taste
1. Bake your sweet potato in the oven – about 40 minutes at 400 degrees.
2. Remove skin from potato – flesh will be very hot. Place in blender along with non-dairy milk and veggie broth and salt. Also add the optional citrus zest.
3. Blend until silky smooth. Pour into serving bowls.
4. Top with tomatoes, onions and chives. Serve warm! Add pepper, cinnamon and/or cayenne to taste.
photo credit: Kathy Patalsky
Read more from Kathy on her blog, Healthy. Happy. Life.
More on Family Kitchen:
* 25 recipes: Parade of Vegan Christmas Cookies!
* 22 Cozy Snow Day BreakfastbRecipes
* 15 Mint Chocolate Dessert Recipes for the Holidays!
* Cocoa and Marshmallow Waffles
* Skinny Egg Nog Shake
* Orange Spice Holiday Cookies