Crispy Honey-Mustard Chicken Tenders For Dinner or a Super Bowl 2011 SnackJennifer Savor the Thyme
Let’s just get this out of the way: I am not trying to make you eat all slim and skinny on Super Bowl Sunday 2011. However, I am giving you some better options to consider. And even if you do not consider this a Super Bowl worthy snack (that would be a shame) it is most definitely a great recipe for you and the kids to make for dinner …
Honey Mustard Chicken Tenders: These crispy chicken tenders are made with boneless, skinless chicken breast tenderloin that are crispy thanks to Panko bread crumbs—no deep-frying necessary.
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup yellow mustard
2 tablespoon orange juice
1 large clove garlic, minced
2-3 lbs of chicken tenderloins, cut into strips
olive oil cooking spray
1/2 cup whole wheat or flour all-purpose
3 large eggs
2 cups coarse dry whole-wheat Panko bread crumbs
1 teaspoons salt, divided
1. Combine mustard through garlic in a bowl whisk until combined. Pour into a storage bag, add chicken and marinate 30 minutes to a few hours.
2. When you are ready to bread the tenders, preheat oven to 450 degrees and prepare the baking sheet by placing a cooling rack on it (it helps crisp the entire coating).
3. Prepare for the breading by placing flour in a shallow bowl. Lightly beat eggs in a second shallow bowl, and place breadcrumbs in a third shallow bowl.
4. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt to the bowl containing flour and then another 1/2 teaspoon to the bowl with the breadcrumbs and mix well.
5. Spray the cooling rack with the cooking spray. Coat each tender in flour, shaking off any excess. Dip the tender in the egg and let excess drip off. Then roll in the breadcrumb mixture and place the tenders on the prepared rack.
6. Bake the tenders for 18-20 minutes depending on thickness of the tenders.
Love baked tenders? Try these Pretzel Crusted Baked Chicken Tenders